USA: Maxwell Rejects Jones Apparel Takeover Bid
According to Maxwell, the proposal price represented a premium of only 8.7 per cent over its $18.40 common stock closing price on the day before Jones Apparel publicly announced its intention to purchase the company.
In addition, Maxwell argued that Jones Apparel's proposal did not adequately compensate stockholders for costs associated with transferring control of the company, and significantly undervalued the strength and diversity of the company's brand portfolio.
"Maxwell Shoe Company's board and management are focused on building value for our stockholders and, in our view, Jones's proposal does not recognise the value of our company," Maxwell CEO Mark Cocozza said.
"Notably, the marketplace appears to agree."
Maxwell's stock price closed at $22.20 per share on March 11, 2004, an 11 per cent increase over Jones Apparel's proposed purchase price.
Companies: Authentic Brands Group
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Luxury stores operator Barneys New York, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc, has announced the promotion of Julie Gilhart to senior vice president, fashion director/women's....
Thimio will assume responsibility for all financial planning, forecasting and budgeting activities and will continue to lead the treasury division....
Jones Apparel Group Inc has appointed Clare Cuthbert as president of the company's accessories division, effective today....
Luxury goods giant LVMH SA has denied suggestions that it has sold off US fashion label Donna Karan, according to dealers cited media reports....
Hong Kong-based fashion company Tommy Hilfiger Corp is preparing to auction itself off, according to sources cited by The Wall Street Journal....
Branded apparel and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc has reported a 29 per cent drop in second-quarter earnings and has launched a strategic review of operations in a push to cut costs and boo...
Leading clothing and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc says it is closing its laundry, assembly and distribution operations located in San Luis, Mexico, after a comprehensive review of its Mexi...
HCL Technologies Retail Business Solutions, a joint venture between HCL Technologies and Jones Apparel Group Inc, is launching Ascentua, a new generation of innovative software solutions designed to m...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar