USA: Maxwell Rejects Jones Apparel Takeover Bid
According to Maxwell, the proposal price represented a premium of only 8.7 per cent over its $18.40 common stock closing price on the day before Jones Apparel publicly announced its intention to purchase the company.
In addition, Maxwell argued that Jones Apparel's proposal did not adequately compensate stockholders for costs associated with transferring control of the company, and significantly undervalued the strength and diversity of the company's brand portfolio.
"Maxwell Shoe Company's board and management are focused on building value for our stockholders and, in our view, Jones's proposal does not recognise the value of our company," Maxwell CEO Mark Cocozza said.
"Notably, the marketplace appears to agree."
Maxwell's stock price closed at $22.20 per share on March 11, 2004, an 11 per cent increase over Jones Apparel's proposed purchase price.
Companies: Authentic Brands Group
Luxury stores operator Barneys New York, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc, has announced the promotion of Julie Gilhart to senior vice president, fashion director/women's....
Thimio will assume responsibility for all financial planning, forecasting and budgeting activities and will continue to lead the treasury division....
Jones Apparel Group Inc has appointed Clare Cuthbert as president of the company's accessories division, effective today....
Luxury goods giant LVMH SA has denied suggestions that it has sold off US fashion label Donna Karan, according to dealers cited media reports....
Hong Kong-based fashion company Tommy Hilfiger Corp is preparing to auction itself off, according to sources cited by The Wall Street Journal....
Branded apparel and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc has reported a 29 per cent drop in second-quarter earnings and has launched a strategic review of operations in a push to cut costs and boo...
Leading clothing and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc says it is closing its laundry, assembly and distribution operations located in San Luis, Mexico, after a comprehensive review of its Mexi...
HCL Technologies Retail Business Solutions, a joint venture between HCL Technologies and Jones Apparel Group Inc, is launching Ascentua, a new generation of innovative software solutions designed to m...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack