USA: Maxwell Shares Financial Info With Jones
While Maxwell rejected Jones' latest takeover offer of $333.9 million earlier this week, it agreed to meet with the clothing firm to discuss a potentially larger offer.
According to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Maxwell signed a confidentiality agreement on Tuesday to give Jones proprietary information about its financial condition and operations.
In addition, Maxwell adviser Lehman Brothers met with Jones adviser Bear Stearns on Tuesday to determine whether Jones was willing to raise its offer.
Maxwell said it expected the two companies to hold further talks but said there was no guarantee a deal would be reached.
Companies: Authentic Brands Group
Luxury stores operator Barneys New York, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc, has announced the promotion of Julie Gilhart to senior vice president, fashion director/women's....
Thimio will assume responsibility for all financial planning, forecasting and budgeting activities and will continue to lead the treasury division....
Jones Apparel Group Inc has appointed Clare Cuthbert as president of the company's accessories division, effective today....
Luxury goods giant LVMH SA has denied suggestions that it has sold off US fashion label Donna Karan, according to dealers cited media reports....
Hong Kong-based fashion company Tommy Hilfiger Corp is preparing to auction itself off, according to sources cited by The Wall Street Journal....
Branded apparel and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc has reported a 29 per cent drop in second-quarter earnings and has launched a strategic review of operations in a push to cut costs and boo...
Leading clothing and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc says it is closing its laundry, assembly and distribution operations located in San Luis, Mexico, after a comprehensive review of its Mexi...
HCL Technologies Retail Business Solutions, a joint venture between HCL Technologies and Jones Apparel Group Inc, is launching Ascentua, a new generation of innovative software solutions designed to m...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020