USA: Maxwell Shoe Buys Joan and David For $16.8m
Maxwell Shoe Company Inc, (Nasdaq:MAXS), today announced it has completed the acquisition of a substantial portion of the assets of joan and david helpern, incorporated and JOAN HELPERN DESIGNS, INC for an aggregate $16.8m in cash. Under the terms of the agreement, Maxwell Shoe Company acquired a substantial portion of joan and david helpern, incorporated's assets, including certain inventory, the on-order merchandise, leases for the corporate office, as well as all the trademarks of JOAN HELPERN DESIGNS, INC. Mark J. Cocozza, chairman and CEO of Maxwell Shoe Company, said: "We are excited about the completion of this acquisition as the Joan & David brand presents a number of opportunities for Maxwell Shoe. Specifically, we are committed to investing in the continued development of the brand and have the resources necessary to foster its long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar