USA: Maxwell Shoe Buys Joan and David For $16.8m
Maxwell Shoe Company Inc, (Nasdaq:MAXS), today announced it has completed the acquisition of a substantial portion of the assets of joan and david helpern, incorporated and JOAN HELPERN DESIGNS, INC for an aggregate $16.8m in cash. Under the terms of the agreement, Maxwell Shoe Company acquired a substantial portion of joan and david helpern, incorporated's assets, including certain inventory, the on-order merchandise, leases for the corporate office, as well as all the trademarks of JOAN HELPERN DESIGNS, INC. Mark J. Cocozza, chairman and CEO of Maxwell Shoe Company, said: "We are excited about the completion of this acquisition as the Joan & David brand presents a number of opportunities for Maxwell Shoe. Specifically, we are committed to investing in the continued development of the brand and have the resources necessary to foster its long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth