USA: Maxwell Shoe Buys Joan and David For $16.8m
Maxwell Shoe Company Inc, (Nasdaq:MAXS), today announced it has completed the acquisition of a substantial portion of the assets of joan and david helpern, incorporated and JOAN HELPERN DESIGNS, INC for an aggregate $16.8m in cash. Under the terms of the agreement, Maxwell Shoe Company acquired a substantial portion of joan and david helpern, incorporated's assets, including certain inventory, the on-order merchandise, leases for the corporate office, as well as all the trademarks of JOAN HELPERN DESIGNS, INC. Mark J. Cocozza, chairman and CEO of Maxwell Shoe Company, said: "We are excited about the completion of this acquisition as the Joan & David brand presents a number of opportunities for Maxwell Shoe. Specifically, we are committed to investing in the continued development of the brand and have the resources necessary to foster its long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack