USA: Maxwell Shoe Co Q1 Income Jumps 35%
The Massachusetts-based company, which late last month received an unsolicited buyout offer from Jones Apparel Group Inc, also posted a net sales increase of 17.3 per cent to $53.6m for the quarter, up from $45.7m in the comparable period a year earlier.
Operating income, meanwhile, rose 41 per cent to $5.2m, compared to $3.7m in the previous first quarter.
CEO Mark Cocozza said the company was "delighted" to begin the year with improved financial results.
"Our better-than-expected results were driven by sales gains for all of our branded and private label footwear programs," he said.
"Importantly, we achieved success and increased market share within each of the markets we serve from moderate to better to bridge."
Maxwell designs, develops and markets footwear under such brands as Circa Joan & David, Dockers and Sam & Libby.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nitches has entered a licensing partnership with the Levi Strauss & Co brand Dockers for men's swimwear, graphic t-shirts and casual knit tops. ...
Casual clothing brand Dockers is soon to launch onto the Argentine market, Latin America News Digest reported....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
Footwear retailer Genesco Inc said first-quarter results "significantly exceeded plan", driven by better-than-expected performances at Journeys, Hat World, Underground Station and Johnston & Murphy....
HCL Technologies Retail Business Solutions, a joint venture between HCL Technologies and Jones Apparel Group Inc, is launching Ascentua, a new generation of innovative software solutions designed to m...
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has named Michael Saunders as its chief information officer....
Branded clothing company Jones Apparel Group Inc said it saw a better-than-expected first quarter, primarily due to a good performance of its wholesale business....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar