USA: Maxwell Shoe Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2000 Results
Maxwell Shoe Company Inc, (Nasdaq: MAXS ), today reported results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended October 31, 2000. For the fourth quarter, net sales were $46.3m compared to $39.1m for the comparable period in the prior year, representing an increase of 18.4 per cent. Gross margin for the fourth quarter improved substantially to 24.7 per cent compared to 21.0 per cent in the prior year period. Net income for the fourth quarter increased 160.6 per cent to $3.1m, or $0.33 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1.2m, for the fourth quarter increase of 153.8 per cent or $0.13 per diluted share, during the same period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020