USA: Maxwell Shoe Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2000 Results
Maxwell Shoe Company Inc, (Nasdaq: MAXS ), today reported results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended October 31, 2000. For the fourth quarter, net sales were $46.3m compared to $39.1m for the comparable period in the prior year, representing an increase of 18.4 per cent. Gross margin for the fourth quarter improved substantially to 24.7 per cent compared to 21.0 per cent in the prior year period. Net income for the fourth quarter increased 160.6 per cent to $3.1m, or $0.33 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1.2m, for the fourth quarter increase of 153.8 per cent or $0.13 per diluted share, during the same period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands