USA: May Comp Store Sales Increase 19.7%
Total May Sales Increase By 54% to $14.3 Million Hot Topic, Inc.(Nasdaq:HOTT) a mall-based specialty retailer of music-licensed and music-influenced apparel, accessories and gift items for teens, announced today its net sales for fiscal May 2000 (four weeks ended May 27, 2000) increased 54% to $14,333,000 from net sales of $9,287,000 for fiscal May 1999. Same store sales increased by 19.7% compared to May 1999. Last year, May same store sales increased by 24.3%. Eight new stores were opened during fiscal May 2000. Total sales for the first 17 weeks of fiscal 2000, ended May 27, 2000, were $59,061,000, an increase of 59% over sales of $37,573,000 for the same period of fiscal 1999. Same store sales increased 22.8% for the first 17 weeks of fiscal 2000 compared to the first 17 weeks of fiscal 1999. Betsy McLaughlin, President, said, "We are very pleased with the May comparable sales performance, especially given our strong comp performance last year. As we move into the summer months, the sales momentum continues with all major product categories performing above plan." Orv Madden, Chief Executive Officer, added, "In May, we opened 8 new stores, bringing the year-to-date openings to 20 of the 60 new stores we are planning for fiscal 2000. We opened our first new store in Montana. Sales continue to be above plan in the new stores opened in fiscal 2000." Hot Topic, Inc. is a mall-based specialty retailer of music-licensed and music-influenced apparel, accessories and gift items for young men and women principally between the ages of 12 and 22. The Company currently operates 232 stores in 44 states throughout the United States and an Internet store
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective