SOUTH KOREA: May Textile, Apparel Exports Slide 6%
South Korea's apparel and textile exports fell for the third consecutive month in May amid weak demand from North America, concerned industry chiefs revealed Monday. Data from the Korea Federation of Textile Industries showed exports slipped 6.4 per cent year-on-year to $1.35 billion with deliveries to Canada down 25 per cent and shipments to the US down 12.4 per cent from the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores