USA: May's and David's Bridal Announce End of Antitrust Waiting Period
The May Department Stores Company (NYSE: MAY) and David's Bridal, Inc (Nasdaq: DABR) announced today the early termination of the 15-day waiting period required under the United States Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended in connection with May's tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of common stock of David's Bridal. The notice of early termination was received Friday, July 21, 2000. Without the early termination, the waiting period would have expired today (Tuesday, July 25). May's tender offer for David's Bridal commenced on July 10, 2000, and is scheduled to expire at 12:00 midnight, New York City time, on Monday, August 7, 2000. The expiry or early termination of the waiting period under the Act was one of the conditions to closing for the tender offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective