USA: May's and David's Bridal Announce End of Antitrust Waiting Period
The May Department Stores Company (NYSE: MAY) and David's Bridal, Inc (Nasdaq: DABR) announced today the early termination of the 15-day waiting period required under the United States Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended in connection with May's tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of common stock of David's Bridal. The notice of early termination was received Friday, July 21, 2000. Without the early termination, the waiting period would have expired today (Tuesday, July 25). May's tender offer for David's Bridal commenced on July 10, 2000, and is scheduled to expire at 12:00 midnight, New York City time, on Monday, August 7, 2000. The expiry or early termination of the waiting period under the Act was one of the conditions to closing for the tender offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts