USA: May's and David's Bridal Announce End of Antitrust Waiting Period
The May Department Stores Company (NYSE: MAY) and David's Bridal, Inc (Nasdaq: DABR) announced today the early termination of the 15-day waiting period required under the United States Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended in connection with May's tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of common stock of David's Bridal. The notice of early termination was received Friday, July 21, 2000. Without the early termination, the waiting period would have expired today (Tuesday, July 25). May's tender offer for David's Bridal commenced on July 10, 2000, and is scheduled to expire at 12:00 midnight, New York City time, on Monday, August 7, 2000. The expiry or early termination of the waiting period under the Act was one of the conditions to closing for the tender offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar