USA: May's and David's Bridal Announce End of Antitrust Waiting Period
The May Department Stores Company (NYSE: MAY) and David's Bridal, Inc (Nasdaq: DABR) announced today the early termination of the 15-day waiting period required under the United States Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended in connection with May's tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of common stock of David's Bridal. The notice of early termination was received Friday, July 21, 2000. Without the early termination, the waiting period would have expired today (Tuesday, July 25). May's tender offer for David's Bridal commenced on July 10, 2000, and is scheduled to expire at 12:00 midnight, New York City time, on Monday, August 7, 2000. The expiry or early termination of the waiting period under the Act was one of the conditions to closing for the tender offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022