US: McCormick to lead European ops at Columbia Sportswear
Columbia Sportswear European general manager, Paul Gils, has resigned from the company for personal reasons it was revealed yesterday (11 September).
The outdoor apparel and footwear firm's European operations will be overseen by a transition management team led by Mick McCormick, vice president of sales.
Mr McCormick previously served as executive vice president of global sales for Callaway Golf prior to joining Columbia Sportswear.
Tim Boyle, president and chief executive officer, said: "In the past year, Mick has assembled a team to direct our US sales organisation. Mick and the transition management team will now focus attention on directing European operations."
Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Sportswear is one of the world's largest outerwear manufacturers with a portfolio of outdoor brands that includes Columbia Sportswear, Mountain Hardwear, Sorel, Montrail and Pacific Trail.
Columbia Sportswear Company is making a number of organisational changes to its Montrail footwear brand, with all sales, marketing and service functions to be handled by its Mountain Hardwear subsidia...
Outdoor apparel and footwear maker Columbia Sportswear has launched a new sun-protective clothing line that it claims is the first to be recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation....
Export sales increases helped Columbia Sportswear Company to record a 4% rise in fourth quarter revenues, despite the US retail slowdown....
Golf sportswear maker Ashworth has announced the acquisition of the Sun Ice and Sunice trademarks from Fletcher Leisure Group....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report