USA: McNaughton Apparel sees stronger Q2 EPS
McNaughton Apparel Group Inc. said on Monday it expects second-quarter earnings to beat Wall Street estimates because sales of the company's moderately-priced women's and juniors' clothing have not been hurt by rising interest rates. Shares of McNaughton were up 31/32 at 10-1/2 at midday on the Nasdaq stock market, near their 52-week high of 11-5/8.The clothing designer and marketer, founded in 1981, said it sees earnings per share of $1.20 to $1.30 for the second quarter, well above analysts' expectations of 93 cents as compiled by McNaughton and First Call/Thomson Financial. McNaughton reported diluted earnings of 41 cents per share for the second quarter of fiscal 1999.The company said it expects to report net sales of $155 million to $160 million for the quarter, up from $124 million a year earlier.McNaughton's sells much of its women's career and casual clothing at prices between $19.99 and $29.99 at department stores including J.C. Penney Co Inc. (NYSE:JCP), Sears, Roebuck and Co. (NYSE:S) and Federated Department Stores Inc. (NYSE:FD), according to Boneparth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report