USA: McNaughton Apparel sees stronger Q2 EPS
McNaughton Apparel Group Inc. said on Monday it expects second-quarter earnings to beat Wall Street estimates because sales of the company's moderately-priced women's and juniors' clothing have not been hurt by rising interest rates. Shares of McNaughton were up 31/32 at 10-1/2 at midday on the Nasdaq stock market, near their 52-week high of 11-5/8.The clothing designer and marketer, founded in 1981, said it sees earnings per share of $1.20 to $1.30 for the second quarter, well above analysts' expectations of 93 cents as compiled by McNaughton and First Call/Thomson Financial. McNaughton reported diluted earnings of 41 cents per share for the second quarter of fiscal 1999.The company said it expects to report net sales of $155 million to $160 million for the quarter, up from $124 million a year earlier.McNaughton's sells much of its women's career and casual clothing at prices between $19.99 and $29.99 at department stores including J.C. Penney Co Inc. (NYSE:JCP), Sears, Roebuck and Co. (NYSE:S) and Federated Department Stores Inc. (NYSE:FD), according to Boneparth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016