USA: McNaughton Apparel sees stronger Q2 EPS
McNaughton Apparel Group Inc. said on Monday it expects second-quarter earnings to beat Wall Street estimates because sales of the company's moderately-priced women's and juniors' clothing have not been hurt by rising interest rates. Shares of McNaughton were up 31/32 at 10-1/2 at midday on the Nasdaq stock market, near their 52-week high of 11-5/8.The clothing designer and marketer, founded in 1981, said it sees earnings per share of $1.20 to $1.30 for the second quarter, well above analysts' expectations of 93 cents as compiled by McNaughton and First Call/Thomson Financial. McNaughton reported diluted earnings of 41 cents per share for the second quarter of fiscal 1999.The company said it expects to report net sales of $155 million to $160 million for the quarter, up from $124 million a year earlier.McNaughton's sells much of its women's career and casual clothing at prices between $19.99 and $29.99 at department stores including J.C. Penney Co Inc. (NYSE:JCP), Sears, Roebuck and Co. (NYSE:S) and Federated Department Stores Inc. (NYSE:FD), according to Boneparth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022