USA: McRae's Military Boot Deal Extended
Footwear manufacturer McRae Industries Inc announced on Tuesday that its military combat boot contract with the US Government has been extended by three months in a deal worth at least $6.2 million and as much as $13.1m.
The North Carolina-based company said the contract extension is for a maximum of 216,000 pairs of boots and a minimum of 103,676 pairs consisting of the three current styles of direct moulded sole boots covered by the contract.
It added the boots are scheduled for delivery during the company's first and second quarters of fiscal 2003.
Companies: Saks Incorporated
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US retailer Saks has completed the US$1.185bn sale of its Northern Department Store Group (NDSG) to The Bon-Ton Stores Inc....
Retailer Saks Incorporated has reported a fall in full year net income to US$22.3 million, or $.16 per share, compared to $61.1m, or $.42 per share, for the prior fiscal year....
Department store group Saks' third-quarter profit has edged up slightly, as a gain from insurance proceeds offset expenses connected to Hurricane Katrina and the sale of business assets....
Large-scale retail group Saks Incorporated has agreed to sell its Northern Department Store Group to department store retailer The Bon-Ton Stores for $1.1 billion plus the assumption of about $85 mill...
Department store group Saks Inc has reported an $8.2 million second-quarter profit compared to a loss of $25.3m a year ago, boosted by the sale of some of its stores....
Retail group Saks Inc has announced the resignation of president and chief executive of the Saks Department Store Group, George Jones, and has named Toni Browning as president and chief executive of t...
Footwear retailer McRae Industries Inc has closed its acquisition of certain assets of boot maker Texas Boot Inc....
Department store operator Belk Inc is nearing a deal to acquire Saks Inc's Proffitt's and McRae's chains for $600-$650 million, according to sources quoted by The Wall Street Journal....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report