ITALY: MCS implements cloud-based PLM system
Italian clothing brand MCS, formerly known as Marlboro Classics, has implemented a cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) tool as part of an overhaul of its business processes.
MCS, formerly part of the Valentino Group in Valdagno, Italy, was acquired in 2013 by Emerisque.
The company is now using the WFX Cloud based system, enabling it to incorporate all technical and design information into one location. It also has integrated supplier interactions, messaging, critical path and product approval management.
The cloud functionality enables MCS to run its entire product development cycle in a collaborative manner, with 24-hour access to product data and reporting.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015