ITALY: MCS implements cloud-based PLM system
Italian clothing brand MCS, formerly known as Marlboro Classics, has implemented a cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) tool as part of an overhaul of its business processes.
MCS, formerly part of the Valentino Group in Valdagno, Italy, was acquired in 2013 by Emerisque.
The company is now using the WFX Cloud based system, enabling it to incorporate all technical and design information into one location. It also has integrated supplier interactions, messaging, critical path and product approval management.
The cloud functionality enables MCS to run its entire product development cycle in a collaborative manner, with 24-hour access to product data and reporting.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Valentino SpA is part of the Valentino Fashion Group, one of the world’s largest fashion and luxury goods groups. Mayhoola for Investments SPC, an investment vehicle backed by a major private investor...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
Clothing accessories in Italy recorded negative growth during 2012 as a consequence of the European sovereign debt crisis and the severe economic recession which continues to hold sway over the countr...
Italy’s severe economic recession is having a negative impact on sales of apparel. Aggregated data from 2008 to 2012 shows an overall decline in domestic sales and consumption across all apparel categ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019