ITALY: MCS implements cloud-based PLM system
Italian clothing brand MCS, formerly known as Marlboro Classics, has implemented a cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) tool as part of an overhaul of its business processes.
MCS, formerly part of the Valentino Group in Valdagno, Italy, was acquired in 2013 by Emerisque.
The company is now using the WFX Cloud based system, enabling it to incorporate all technical and design information into one location. It also has integrated supplier interactions, messaging, critical path and product approval management.
The cloud functionality enables MCS to run its entire product development cycle in a collaborative manner, with 24-hour access to product data and reporting.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras