ITALY: MCS implements cloud-based PLM system
Italian clothing brand MCS, formerly known as Marlboro Classics, has implemented a cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) tool as part of an overhaul of its business processes.
MCS, formerly part of the Valentino Group in Valdagno, Italy, was acquired in 2013 by Emerisque.
The company is now using the WFX Cloud based system, enabling it to incorporate all technical and design information into one location. It also has integrated supplier interactions, messaging, critical path and product approval management.
The cloud functionality enables MCS to run its entire product development cycle in a collaborative manner, with 24-hour access to product data and reporting.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)