UK: Meet the Manufacturer sourcing event to launch
The first and only sourcing event exclusively for British clothing, textile and leathergoods manufacturers will open this summer, run by UK organisation Make it British.
The event - Meet the Manufacturer - will run from 11-12 June in London and is designed to connect aspiring business owners with UK factories.
The show has been launched in response to what Make it British says is "a huge increase" in requests from designers, buyers and sourcing directors looking for quality British factories to make their products.
The two-day event will host exhibitors presenting some of the top knitters, weavers, tanneries, leathergoods makers, CMT units and lingerie factories in the country.
"As enquires for UK manufacturers has increased significantly over the last year, I realised that there was no one sourcing event for buyers to attend to meet them all," said Kate Hills, founder of Make it British. "The manufacturers too were contacting us looking to reach new customers. I found myself providing a matchmaking service between both parties, and quickly recognised this event could streamline this service and bring added value."
The event will be held at Truman Brewery, Brick Lane in London's East End, an area once the home of many of the City's weavers and clothing manufacturers.
"In bringing manufacturers from all over the British Isles to this vibrant part of London we hope to further invigorate an industry that is still very much alive and kicking," Hill said.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024