UK: Meet the Manufacturer sourcing event to launch
The first and only sourcing event exclusively for British clothing, textile and leathergoods manufacturers will open this summer, run by UK organisation Make it British.
The event - Meet the Manufacturer - will run from 11-12 June in London and is designed to connect aspiring business owners with UK factories.
The show has been launched in response to what Make it British says is "a huge increase" in requests from designers, buyers and sourcing directors looking for quality British factories to make their products.
The two-day event will host exhibitors presenting some of the top knitters, weavers, tanneries, leathergoods makers, CMT units and lingerie factories in the country.
"As enquires for UK manufacturers has increased significantly over the last year, I realised that there was no one sourcing event for buyers to attend to meet them all," said Kate Hills, founder of Make it British. "The manufacturers too were contacting us looking to reach new customers. I found myself providing a matchmaking service between both parties, and quickly recognised this event could streamline this service and bring added value."
The event will be held at Truman Brewery, Brick Lane in London's East End, an area once the home of many of the City's weavers and clothing manufacturers.
"In bringing manufacturers from all over the British Isles to this vibrant part of London we hope to further invigorate an industry that is still very much alive and kicking," Hill said.
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019