UK: Meet the Manufacturer sourcing event to launch
The first and only sourcing event exclusively for British clothing, textile and leathergoods manufacturers will open this summer, run by UK organisation Make it British.
The event - Meet the Manufacturer - will run from 11-12 June in London and is designed to connect aspiring business owners with UK factories.
The show has been launched in response to what Make it British says is "a huge increase" in requests from designers, buyers and sourcing directors looking for quality British factories to make their products.
The two-day event will host exhibitors presenting some of the top knitters, weavers, tanneries, leathergoods makers, CMT units and lingerie factories in the country.
"As enquires for UK manufacturers has increased significantly over the last year, I realised that there was no one sourcing event for buyers to attend to meet them all," said Kate Hills, founder of Make it British. "The manufacturers too were contacting us looking to reach new customers. I found myself providing a matchmaking service between both parties, and quickly recognised this event could streamline this service and bring added value."
The event will be held at Truman Brewery, Brick Lane in London's East End, an area once the home of many of the City's weavers and clothing manufacturers.
"In bringing manufacturers from all over the British Isles to this vibrant part of London we hope to further invigorate an industry that is still very much alive and kicking," Hill said.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020