US: Men’s wear boosts strong Q1 for Dillard’s
- Q1 net income up 24% to US$95m
- Merchandise sales up 5% to $1.522bn
- Comparable store sales up 5%
Strong showings from men’s wear and women’s accessories helped department store retailer Dillard’s to post a 24% increase in first quarter net income.
Lingerie, shoes and men’s accessories also performed well in the three months to 28 April, offsetting below trend showings from juniors’ and children’s apparel.
“We are happy to report a very strong start to 2012 with our seventh consecutive quarter of increased same store sales, as well as record-setting earnings and earnings per share performances,” said company CEO William Dillard II.
Major clothing retailers are benefiting in significant ways from the new data collection and management options offered by new technology in labels, especially regarding radio frequency identification...
Department store chain Dillards has nearly doubled its adjusted third-quarter profit, helped by sales gains....
US department store operator Dillard's has promoted vice president of accounting Chris Johnson to vice president of real estate....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack