US: Men’s wear drives Nordstrom Q3 profit
- Q3 net profit up 15% to US$146m
- Net sales up 13.8% to $2.71bn
- Same store sales up 10.7%
Growth in men’s shoes, men’s apparel and children’s apparel helped clothing retailer Nordstrom to post double-digit increases in third quarter earnings and revenue.
Sales for the company’s full-line and direct businesses increased 11.5% in the three months to 27 October, with same store sales rising 11.2%.
Nordstrom said the Midwest and Northwest regions were its best performers geographically, while direct sales increased 38% in the period.
Meanwhile, Nordstrom Rack posted net sales up 16.3% and same store sales up 8.1%.
Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
Apparel Retail in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also c...
Specialty clothing retailer The Wet Seal has named former Bebe Stores executive Tamara Chamberlain as its new vice president and general merchandise manager of the Arden B division....
Upscale department store retailer Nordstrom Inc has revealed plans to double the number of Nordstrom Rack stores it operates to more than 230 over the next four years....
Upscale department store retailer Nordstrom Inc has posted a 20% jump in fourth-quarter profit, but said investments in e-commerce and expansion of its Nordstrom Rack stores would impact profit in the...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead