US: Men's Wearhouse implements DeSL supply chain solution
Apparel retailer Men’s Wearhouse is to implement software provider DeSL’s full supply chain solution, adding to its existing use of the company’s PLM software.
The company's executive vice president, Will Silveria, said the implementation would involve creating and tracking purchase orders for fabrics, trims and finished products.
“At any time we will know exactly what has been cut, what’s in progress and what fabrics/trims are still in inventory – all at colour and size level,” he added.
“This will enable us to make more informed decisions and react faster to consumer demand.”
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
US apparel retailer Men's Wearhouse is to buy the parent company of the Joseph Abboud clothing brand for US$97.5m....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
French high-end women's lingerie and ready-to-wear brand Aubade has invested in product lifecycle management (PLM) software to accelerate product development as it expands into the retail sector....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost