US: Men's Wearhouse implements DeSL supply chain solution
Apparel retailer Men’s Wearhouse is to implement software provider DeSL’s full supply chain solution, adding to its existing use of the company’s PLM software.
The company's executive vice president, Will Silveria, said the implementation would involve creating and tracking purchase orders for fabrics, trims and finished products.
“At any time we will know exactly what has been cut, what’s in progress and what fabrics/trims are still in inventory – all at colour and size level,” he added.
“This will enable us to make more informed decisions and react faster to consumer demand.”
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
US apparel retailer Men's Wearhouse is to buy the parent company of the Joseph Abboud clothing brand for US$97.5m....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
French high-end women's lingerie and ready-to-wear brand Aubade has invested in product lifecycle management (PLM) software to accelerate product development as it expands into the retail sector....
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- India sets out long-overdue clothing labour reform
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts