US: Men's Wearhouse implements DeSL supply chain solution
Apparel retailer Men’s Wearhouse is to implement software provider DeSL’s full supply chain solution, adding to its existing use of the company’s PLM software.
The company's executive vice president, Will Silveria, said the implementation would involve creating and tracking purchase orders for fabrics, trims and finished products.
“At any time we will know exactly what has been cut, what’s in progress and what fabrics/trims are still in inventory – all at colour and size level,” he added.
“This will enable us to make more informed decisions and react faster to consumer demand.”
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
The Global market review of Workwear which was first published by just-style in 2010 proved to be one of our best selling reports to date. Hardly surprising then, that there has been much anticipation...
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
US apparel retailer Men's Wearhouse is to buy the parent company of the Joseph Abboud clothing brand for US$97.5m....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead