US: Men's Wearhouse implements DeSL supply chain solution
Apparel retailer Men’s Wearhouse is to implement software provider DeSL’s full supply chain solution, adding to its existing use of the company’s PLM software.
The company's executive vice president, Will Silveria, said the implementation would involve creating and tracking purchase orders for fabrics, trims and finished products.
“At any time we will know exactly what has been cut, what’s in progress and what fabrics/trims are still in inventory – all at colour and size level,” he added.
“This will enable us to make more informed decisions and react faster to consumer demand.”
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
The Global market review of Workwear which was first published by just-style in 2010 proved to be one of our best selling reports to date. Hardly surprising then, that there has been much anticipation...
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Surfwear brand Quiksilver has been landed with US$3.6m in damages after a jury found it "willfully" infringed World Marketing's "Visitor" clothing brand....
US apparel retailer Men's Wearhouse is to buy the parent company of the Joseph Abboud clothing brand for US$97.5m....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam