USA: Men's Wearhouse Reports May Sales
Men's Wearhouse (NASDAQ National Market System Symbol: MENS) today said that consolidated sales (excluding sales from its C&R stores, US based Moores stores, and Suitmax stores) for the four and seventeen weeks ended May 27, 2000 increased 12.0 percent and 12.7 percent, respectively, over the prior comparable periods. Including sales from those stores, consolidated sales for the four and seventeen weeks ended May 27, 2000 increased 10.7 percent to $100.4 million (over $90.7 million) and 11.1 percent to $388.3 million (over $349.6 million), respectively. Comparable U.S. store sales for the four weeks ended May 27, 2000 increased 4.5 percent versus an 8.3 percent increase for the four weeks ended May 29, 1999. Year to date 2000 comparable store sales increased 5.1 percent compared with an increase of 6.3 percent for year to date 1999. The company's comparable Canadian (Moores Clothing for Men) store sales for the four weeks ended May 28, 2000 increased 6.0 percent versus a 5.4 percent decrease in the four weeks ended May 30, 1999. Year to date comparable store sales for the seventeen weeks ended May 28, 2000 decreased 2.2 percent compared with a decrease of 6.2 percent for the year to date 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020