USA: Men's Wearhouse Reports May Sales
Men's Wearhouse (NASDAQ National Market System Symbol: MENS) today said that consolidated sales (excluding sales from its C&R stores, US based Moores stores, and Suitmax stores) for the four and seventeen weeks ended May 27, 2000 increased 12.0 percent and 12.7 percent, respectively, over the prior comparable periods. Including sales from those stores, consolidated sales for the four and seventeen weeks ended May 27, 2000 increased 10.7 percent to $100.4 million (over $90.7 million) and 11.1 percent to $388.3 million (over $349.6 million), respectively. Comparable U.S. store sales for the four weeks ended May 27, 2000 increased 4.5 percent versus an 8.3 percent increase for the four weeks ended May 29, 1999. Year to date 2000 comparable store sales increased 5.1 percent compared with an increase of 6.3 percent for year to date 1999. The company's comparable Canadian (Moores Clothing for Men) store sales for the four weeks ended May 28, 2000 increased 6.0 percent versus a 5.4 percent decrease in the four weeks ended May 30, 1999. Year to date comparable store sales for the seventeen weeks ended May 28, 2000 decreased 2.2 percent compared with a decrease of 6.2 percent for the year to date 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report