USA: Men's Wearhouse Reports September Sales
Men's Wearhouse (NYSE:MW) today said that consolidated sales (excluding sales from its closed C&R stores, US-based Moores stores and Suitmax stores) for the five and thirty-five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 11.9 per cent and 14.0 per cent, respectively, over the prior comparable periods. Including sales from those closed stores, reported consolidated sales for the five and thirty-five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 11.1 per cent to $118.1m (versus $106.3m in the prior comparable period) and 12.7 per cent to $783.4m (versus $694.9m in the prior comparable period), respectively. Comparable US store sales for the five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 4.1 per cent versus an 11.1 per cent increase for the five weeks ended October 2, 1999. Year to date 2000 comparable store sales increased 5.4 per cent compared with an increase of 7.8 per cent for year to date 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective