USA: Men's Wearhouse Reports September Sales
Men's Wearhouse (NYSE:MW) today said that consolidated sales (excluding sales from its closed C&R stores, US-based Moores stores and Suitmax stores) for the five and thirty-five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 11.9 per cent and 14.0 per cent, respectively, over the prior comparable periods. Including sales from those closed stores, reported consolidated sales for the five and thirty-five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 11.1 per cent to $118.1m (versus $106.3m in the prior comparable period) and 12.7 per cent to $783.4m (versus $694.9m in the prior comparable period), respectively. Comparable US store sales for the five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 4.1 per cent versus an 11.1 per cent increase for the five weeks ended October 2, 1999. Year to date 2000 comparable store sales increased 5.4 per cent compared with an increase of 7.8 per cent for year to date 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020