ITALY: Meras' Promotional Campaign Zips Up
A campaign to position itself as Europe's most important supplier of zip fasteners to the fashion and sportswear trades is now under way at Italian producer Meras. In the past, most of Meras' output of 24 million units a year has been absorbed by the Italian home market, with only 30 per cent sold overseas. Following its recent appearance at the Mod'Amont clothing components trade fair in Paris, however, Meras is looking to considerably increase its export business - especially to manufacturers in other EU nations. A major plank of the company's sales platform will be the fact that its products already sell strongly into the couture sector. In Italy it supplies Moschino, Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana and Versace Sport, while in the USA customers include Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Nautica. The current range includes metal zips in all sizes and a variety of finishes. "Antique gold is currently a particularly popular choice with our top of the range customers," says Meras The company also produces polyester and injection moulded plastic zips. On the slider side, the business is already a strong exporter, with 60 per cent of its 120 million units a year going abroad.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack