ITALY: Meras' Promotional Campaign Zips Up
A campaign to position itself as Europe's most important supplier of zip fasteners to the fashion and sportswear trades is now under way at Italian producer Meras. In the past, most of Meras' output of 24 million units a year has been absorbed by the Italian home market, with only 30 per cent sold overseas. Following its recent appearance at the Mod'Amont clothing components trade fair in Paris, however, Meras is looking to considerably increase its export business - especially to manufacturers in other EU nations. A major plank of the company's sales platform will be the fact that its products already sell strongly into the couture sector. In Italy it supplies Moschino, Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana and Versace Sport, while in the USA customers include Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Nautica. The current range includes metal zips in all sizes and a variety of finishes. "Antique gold is currently a particularly popular choice with our top of the range customers," says Meras The company also produces polyester and injection moulded plastic zips. On the slider side, the business is already a strong exporter, with 60 per cent of its 120 million units a year going abroad.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report