ITALY: Meras' Promotional Campaign Zips Up
Following its recent appearance at the Mod'Amont clothing components trade fair in Paris, however, Meras is looking to considerably increase its export business - especially to manufacturers in other EU nations.
A major plank of the company's sales platform will be the fact that its products already sell strongly into the couture sector. In Italy it supplies Moschino, Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana and Versace Sport, while in the USA customers include Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Nautica.
The current range includes metal zips in all sizes and a variety of finishes. "Antique gold is currently a particularly popular choice with our top of the range customers," says Meras
The company also produces polyester and injection moulded plastic zips. On the slider side, the business is already a strong exporter, with 60 per cent of its 120 million units a year going abroad.
By Sonia Roberts
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation says it enjoyed a fourfold growth in first-quarter profit due to good demand for spring and summer collections....
Luxury goods giant Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has completed the acquisition of Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc from sportswear company Reebok International Ltd....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Jonathan Drucker as senior vice president, general counsel, as of 18 July 2005....
Calvin Klein is set to close its Barcelona, Spain, shop next month as the US fashion brand continues to perform unsatisfactorily in Spain, just-style has learned....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
Top apparel company The Warnaco Group Inc has signed deals with Swimwear Anywhere Inc and design giant Calvin Klein Inc to accelerate the company's launch of Calvin Klein women's swimwear in North Ame...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020