CANADA: Mervyns signs technology deal with NSB
Department store retailer Mervyns has made a licensing agreement with retail software provider NSB for store, communications, and sales audits.
Mervyns will implement company-wide technology and systems upgrades - including financial, merchandising, point-of-sale applications and supply-chain solutions.
Mervyns senior vice president and chief information officer Kurt Streitz said: "We are on an accelerated timeline to replace all systems company-wide. To be successful, we require a high degree of functional fit to meet the initial implementation with no modifications.
"At the same time, we also wanted a system that could adapt easily to our evolving business needs. NSB's highly configurable connected retailer store solution allowed us to meet and at times exceed those objectives. In addition, their professionalism and in-depth understanding of our business make them the ideal partners to support our plans for future growth."
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack