Messe Frankfurt adds three Argentinean textile trade fairs
Trade fair organiser Messe Frankfurt has expanded its portfolio of specialist textile and garment industry trade fairs by taking over three Argentinean events: Emitex, Simatex and Confemaq.
"We can now offer our customers easier access to the growing South American textile and garment market," explains Detlef Braun, member of the executive board of Messe Frankfurt.
As part of the Messe Frankfurt portfolio of textile fairs, which covers 40 international events, Emitex, Simatex and Confemaq will be integrated into the company's technical textiles & textile processing business unit. This includes the Techtextil and Texprocess brands.
Simatex and Confemaq focus on machinery, innovations and pioneering technologies, while Emitex covers textiles, contract manufacturing, fabrics, yarns and accessories.
According to Argentina's Ministry for Industry, the country's textile and garment industries grew by around 70%, or 5.5% a year, over the last 12 years, and are expected to reach US$8bn by 2015.
The biggest textile and garment export markets are Brazil and Chile, while China and Brazil are the main supplier nations.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack