US: MG Icon launches campaign for Madonna clothing brand
MG Icon, the joint venture between singer Madonna and Iconix Brand Group, has unveiled details of its autumn 2010 marketing campaign for its newly created junior brand Material Girl.
The multi-media marketing campaign features actress and musician Taylor Momsen and will appear nationwide in the US in print, cinema, outdoor, online and in-store. Momsen currently stars in the show, Gossip Girl and fronts the rock band, The Pretty Reckless.
Madonna said: "Taylor has a cool sense of style that's unique and fits with the Material Girl look."
The collection will launch exclusively in select 200 Macy's stores across the US and on www.macys.com on 3 August for the back-to-school season.
To support the launch, a national advertising campaign will appear in August and September issues of fashion, lifestyle and entertainment magazines such as Teen Vogue, Seventeen, Nylon and Cosmopolitan amongst others, be heavily integrated online and appear in cinemas throughout the summer.
Dari Marder, chief marketing officer, Iconix Brand Group, said: "Taylor is a Material Girl, she has the ability to carry off numerous looks- edgy, rocker, flirty - which is exactly what the brand represents. It's all about expressing your own individual style."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
World-leading maternity retailer Destination Maternity posted a healthy increase in first quarter profits, driven by a slight revenue increase and a 2.1% rise in comparable store sales....
The expansion of Macy's and Bloomingdale's online retail business will generate nearly 3,500 jobs over the next two years, including about 725 full-time positions....
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind....
US dress maker Taylor Dress has entered talks to distribute its collections in China. ...
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects