MGT Industries selects PLM for process optimisation
US sleepwear firm MGT Industries has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help optimise its product development process and drive the company's global growth initiative.
The company has selected PLM from Centric Software to help streamline its business processes and free up its designers and technical teams to allow more time for creativity and innovation.
Established 30 years ago, Los Angeles-based MGT Industries designs and produces sleepwear for private labels and for its own brands – In Bloom, Jonquil and Linea Donatella.
"We had an internal tech pack system that worked for us for many years, but as our business started to evolve, production increased and we began working with more factories overseas," explains Tom Stevenson, vice president of operations. "We needed to be nimble and more efficient in the way we create and develop product."
The company says it will use Centric's full PLM suite including mobile apps and Adobe Illustrator integration.
"The ability to work directly in Adobe and to mark changes up without having to leave the programme and go and update them in another application is also something we found very exciting," adds Stevenson. "We'll be rolling out Centric to merchandisers and designers first. These mentors will then be able to support their fellow users to get up and running."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Italian sportswear specialist Pepsow has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help meet customer' requirements and support the company throughout the design, development an...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: anti-pollen textiles; environmentally sustainable denim; environmentally sustainable fib...
Danish-owned fashion manufacturer LTP Group is implementing a cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to help improve lead-time and warehousing processes throughout its supply chain and ...
US outdoor clothing retailer CC Filson has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to shorten product development cycles and improve their time to market....
Premium casual apparel brand Marine Layer has selected Centric's SMB PLM solution - a cloud-based tool tailored for emerging businesses - in a bid to help manage data from product development through ...
South African industrial clothing and textile group Ninian & Lester has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help reduce lead times in a bid to stay ahead in both local and...
Italian nautical fashion brand Slam has invested in a new product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help support innovation and improve time to market, accuracy and quality through its global sup...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022