MAURITIUS: Miatex Europe To Showcase Homegrown Talent
Miatex 2000, the Mauritian textile and apparel exhibition, opens its doors on October 3 in Copenhagen. It is the show's fifth consecutive year in Europe.The textile industry of Mauritius, an island off the east coast of South Africa, has been in existence for just thirty years, the Mauritius Export Development and Investment Authority (MEDIA) said. Exports reached $1.2bn last year, making the industry increasingly important to the island, which is working to become the textile and marketing centre of the Eastern and South African region.The industry has become more design-led over recent years and contains higher value-added manufacturing. Companies have boosted their productivity, with reduced lead times and greater flexibility, MEDIA claimed. Increased investment in production equipment and skills-based training has also helped to improve the quality of Mauritian manufacturers' products.The Government has also helped the industry by establishing a Clothing Technology Centre on the island recently. The Centre will assist companies in product development, design, and new technology applications.Under the EU/ACP agreement, products from Mauritius are admitted duty free and quota free into European Union countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020