US: Michael Kors in 77% Q3 profit surge
- Q3 net profit up 77% to US$229.6m
- Revenues surge 59% to $1bn
- CEO highlights “outstanding” holiday season
Revenue jumped 59% in the third quarter
Luxury lifestyle brand Michael Kors Holdings recorded a 77% surge in third quarter profit, thanks to strong sales increases around the globe.
Revenue was up 59% in the three months to 28 December, with retail sales soaring 51.3% to US$503.4m and comparable store sales rising 27.8%.
Wholesale revenues were up 68.2% to $461.4m, while licensing revenues rose 59% to $47.4m, the US company added.
Revenues in North America were up 51%, with comps increasing 24%, while sales in Europe soared by 144%, accompanied by a 73% comps surge.
Michael Kors chairman and CEO John Idol described trading in the holiday period as “outstanding” and added: “Our results reflect broad-based strength with significant revenue growth across our retail, wholesale and licensing segments, as well as in our North American and international markets.”
For fiscal 2014, the company is forecasting revenues of $3.18-3.19bn and diluted earnings per share of $3.07-3.09.
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis