US: Michael Kors in secondary public offering
The fashion designer is offering 3m shares
Fashion designer Michael Kors, founder of luxury clothing business that bears his name, is to sell a large portion of his stake in the company as part of a secondary public offering.
Kors is offering 3m shares, leaving him with a 2.4% ownership stake or 4.8m shares. The company said in an SEC filing yesterday (19 February) that it is looking to sell 25m ordinary shares.
Sportswear Holdings, which is Michael Kors' largest shareholder, will offer 19.7m shares, reducing its interest in the company to 11.6m shares or 5.8%. Chairman and chief executive officer John Idol is to sell 1.1% of his stake, taking the number of shares he will own to 2.2m.
Michael Kors lifted its full-year earnings guidance last week after more than doubling its third-quarter profit on the back of rising sales and new store growth.
|MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LIMITED LAUNCHES SECONDARY PUBLIC OFFERING|
HONG KONG--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 19, 2013-- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (NYSE:KORS) (the “Company”) today announced that it has launched a secondary public offering of ordinary shares pursuant to a shelf registration statement on Form F-3 filed today with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) on behalf of certain selling shareholders for the offering of 25,000,000 ordinary shares. In addition, certain of the selling shareholders will grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 3,750,000 ordinary shares.
The shelf registration statement relating to these securities was effective upon filing with the SEC. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. A copy of the registration statement can be accessed through the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov.
Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Goldman, Sachs & Co. will act as joint book-running managers, and Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., Jefferies & Company, Inc., Nomura Securities International, Inc. and Piper Jaffray & Co. will act as co-managers for the offering. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus. Copies of the prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus related to the offering may be obtained, when available, from: Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10014, Telephone: 1-866-718-1649 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Attention: Broadridge Financial Solutions,1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, New York 11717, Telephone: 1-866-803-9204; or Goldman, Sachs & Co., Attention: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, NY 10282, Telephone: 1-866-471-2526, Facsimile: 1-212-902-9316 or by emailing email@example.com.
Original source: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=235654&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1786522&highlight=
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details