US: Michael Kors Q2 profit surges as sales rise
- Q2 net income more than doubled to $97.8m
- Revenue rose 74% to $532.9m
- Comparable store sales jumped 45.1%
Strong demand for its products coupled with new store openings have helped luxury clothing business Michael Kors Holdings Limited more than double its second quarter profit.
The company, which went public in December last year, today (13 November) said net income surged to $97.8m, or $0.49 per share, in the three months to 29 September. Stripping out charges related to its public offering, net income was $47.5m, or $0.25 per share - and compares with $40.6m, or $0.22 per share, a year ago.
The retailer, which operates 269 stores, including concessions, said revenue rose 74% to $532.9m from $305.5m in the quarter.
Retail sales increased 82% to $242.3m driven by a 45.1% hike in comparable store sales and 66 new store openings. Wholesale revenues surged 75% to $270.8m and licensing revenue increased 13% to $19.9m.
The company expects third-quarter diluted earnings per share to be in the range of $0.37 to $0.39, while revenue is forecast to be between $525m to $535m.
Full-year diluted earnings per share are estimated to range from $1.48 to $1.50, while revenue is forecast to be between $1.86bn to $1.96bn.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015