US: Michael Kors Q2 profit surges as sales rise
- Q2 net income more than doubled to $97.8m
- Revenue rose 74% to $532.9m
- Comparable store sales jumped 45.1%
Strong demand for its products coupled with new store openings have helped luxury clothing business Michael Kors Holdings Limited more than double its second quarter profit.
The company, which went public in December last year, today (13 November) said net income surged to $97.8m, or $0.49 per share, in the three months to 29 September. Stripping out charges related to its public offering, net income was $47.5m, or $0.25 per share - and compares with $40.6m, or $0.22 per share, a year ago.
The retailer, which operates 269 stores, including concessions, said revenue rose 74% to $532.9m from $305.5m in the quarter.
Retail sales increased 82% to $242.3m driven by a 45.1% hike in comparable store sales and 66 new store openings. Wholesale revenues surged 75% to $270.8m and licensing revenue increased 13% to $19.9m.
The company expects third-quarter diluted earnings per share to be in the range of $0.37 to $0.39, while revenue is forecast to be between $525m to $535m.
Full-year diluted earnings per share are estimated to range from $1.48 to $1.50, while revenue is forecast to be between $1.86bn to $1.96bn.
- Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report