US: Michalaros resigns from Perry Ellis women's unit
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International has lost another of its top executives, saying yesterday (11 October) that Christa Michalaros, president of PEI Womenswear, is leaving the company to pursue other interests.
The resignation comes less than a month after John Crocco, creative director of the Perry Ellis brand who oversaw design and merchandising for its full range of lifestyle products, stepped down.
Over the last year Michalaros helped guide the firm through the integration of Rafaella Apparel Group, which it bought for US$80m in January.
The Miami-based company has now named Lana Todorovich, currently president of Swim, Ladies Activewear & Shapewear, as interim head of PEI Womenswear until a successor is found.
"Lana is a gifted merchant and has made significant contributions to our company since joining us earlier this year," said Oscar Feldenkreis, vice chairman and COO of Perry Ellis International.
"She shares our vision and culture and has proven leadership ability, which makes her the perfect choice to assume the role of interim president of Womenswear.
"Importantly, we have deep bench strength and leadership at the helm of Rafaella sportswear, lead by an extremely strong group of executives overseeing design, merchandising, sourcing, and sales."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Perry Ellis has revealed that it will liquidate and close a number of brands before the end of fiscal 2013 as part of restructuring plans....
Apparel business Perry Ellis suffered a drop in fourth quarter profit, despite a double-digit revenue increase, after a difficult holiday season....
Perry Ellis subsidiary PEI Licensing has entered new license agreements, with Sugar Plum NY, S Rothschild and Company and Nolan Glove to design, manufacture and distribute girl's dresses, outerwear an...
Apparel firm Perry Ellis International Inc has bought the Ben Hogan golf brand from Callaway Golf Co in a move that reinforces its focus on golf lifestyle clothing. ...
Apparel maker Perry Ellis is reviewing its brand portfolio and streamlining its operations to "eliminate less productive overhead," after warning that increased discounting is likely to hurt its fourt...
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International Inc has tapped men's wear designer duo Duckie Brown to create a new apparel collection for the Perry Ellis sportswear brand....
Perry Ellis has announced four license agreements to extend the Original Penguin by Munsingwear brand....
PEI Licensing Inc has inked an exclusive license deal with Shoe Confession LLC to manufacture, design and distribute men's and boys' athletic and casual sport footwear under the Pro Player brand....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar