Micro-Pak to open Vietnam office amid expansion
Mould prevention specialist Micro-Pak is expanding its global reach with the opening a new technical office in Vietnam and plans to add an additional office in Bangladesh.
The company says its latest offices will help expand the factory services it offers in key manufacturing regions around the world.
Last year, Micro-Pak performed 2,375 factory audits and executed nearly 12,000 individual mould tests at factories or on product samples. For both its footwear and garment factory audits, Micro-Pak nearly doubled the number of inspection points, adding a new level of detail to further help manufacturing facilities make necessary improvements.
"Our customers have come to rely on us to prevent mould throughout the supply chain," says Sal Cesario, global sales and marketing manager for Micro-Pak. "These services are part of our commitment to helping prevent mould from factory to retail."
The company evaluates all areas of the facility, from the incoming material warehouse through each stage of production to final export procedures and uses specialised tools to give factories a score and identify areas of improvement. It also tests a factory's UV tunnels to ensure they are working properly and effectively to eliminate mould.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts