UK: Middlesex University opens TAL fashion studios
Dr Richard Lee outside the TAL fashion studios at Middlesex University
Middlesex University has named its fashion studios after Hong Kong based clothing supplier TAL Apparel in recognition of the long-standing support the company has given the university.
The facilities are part of the university's recently opened GBP80m Grove Centre for creative courses, with the studios named in recognition of TAL Apparel chairman Richard Lee's support to young fashion designers and his achievements in the industry.
Through his relationship with the university, Lee has championed and supported a number of education projects and initiatives, including sponsoring a student from Hong Kong to study at Middlesex University each year.
"We are immensely proud to be connected with a group as important as TAL," said Middlesex University director of fashion courses Gillian Charles.
"They have huge interests with fashion and textiles which is a really strong area at Middlesex so it's very exciting for us to have the connection and to benefit from their support and generosity. In a global fashion world it's highly relevant to the thrust of fashion at Middlesex and great for our students."
Clothing and footwear firms including Nike, Marks & Spencer, Levi Strauss and Walmart are among those backing a new tool designed to measure sustainability and environmental impact across the industry...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details