UK: Middlesex University opens TAL fashion studios
Dr Richard Lee outside the TAL fashion studios at Middlesex University
Middlesex University has named its fashion studios after Hong Kong based clothing supplier TAL Apparel in recognition of the long-standing support the company has given the university.
The facilities are part of the university's recently opened GBP80m Grove Centre for creative courses, with the studios named in recognition of TAL Apparel chairman Richard Lee's support to young fashion designers and his achievements in the industry.
Through his relationship with the university, Lee has championed and supported a number of education projects and initiatives, including sponsoring a student from Hong Kong to study at Middlesex University each year.
"We are immensely proud to be connected with a group as important as TAL," said Middlesex University director of fashion courses Gillian Charles.
"They have huge interests with fashion and textiles which is a really strong area at Middlesex so it's very exciting for us to have the connection and to benefit from their support and generosity. In a global fashion world it's highly relevant to the thrust of fashion at Middlesex and great for our students."
Clothing and footwear firms including Nike, Marks & Spencer, Levi Strauss and Walmart are among those backing a new tool designed to measure sustainability and environmental impact across the industry...
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)