UK: Middlesex University opens TAL fashion studios
Dr Richard Lee outside the TAL fashion studios at Middlesex University
Middlesex University has named its fashion studios after Hong Kong based clothing supplier TAL Apparel in recognition of the long-standing support the company has given the university.
The facilities are part of the university's recently opened GBP80m Grove Centre for creative courses, with the studios named in recognition of TAL Apparel chairman Richard Lee's support to young fashion designers and his achievements in the industry.
Through his relationship with the university, Lee has championed and supported a number of education projects and initiatives, including sponsoring a student from Hong Kong to study at Middlesex University each year.
"We are immensely proud to be connected with a group as important as TAL," said Middlesex University director of fashion courses Gillian Charles.
"They have huge interests with fashion and textiles which is a really strong area at Middlesex so it's very exciting for us to have the connection and to benefit from their support and generosity. In a global fashion world it's highly relevant to the thrust of fashion at Middlesex and great for our students."
Clothing and footwear firms including Nike, Marks & Spencer, Levi Strauss and Walmart are among those backing a new tool designed to measure sustainability and environmental impact across the industry...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide