UK: Middlesex University opens TAL fashion studios
Dr Richard Lee outside the TAL fashion studios at Middlesex University
Middlesex University has named its fashion studios after Hong Kong based clothing supplier TAL Apparel in recognition of the long-standing support the company has given the university.
The facilities are part of the university's recently opened GBP80m Grove Centre for creative courses, with the studios named in recognition of TAL Apparel chairman Richard Lee's support to young fashion designers and his achievements in the industry.
Through his relationship with the university, Lee has championed and supported a number of education projects and initiatives, including sponsoring a student from Hong Kong to study at Middlesex University each year.
"We are immensely proud to be connected with a group as important as TAL," said Middlesex University director of fashion courses Gillian Charles.
"They have huge interests with fashion and textiles which is a really strong area at Middlesex so it's very exciting for us to have the connection and to benefit from their support and generosity. In a global fashion world it's highly relevant to the thrust of fashion at Middlesex and great for our students."
Clothing and footwear firms including Nike, Marks & Spencer, Levi Strauss and Walmart are among those backing a new tool designed to measure sustainability and environmental impact across the industry...
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide