UK: Middlesex University opens TAL fashion studios
Dr Richard Lee outside the TAL fashion studios at Middlesex University
Middlesex University has named its fashion studios after Hong Kong based clothing supplier TAL Apparel in recognition of the long-standing support the company has given the university.
The facilities are part of the university's recently opened GBP80m Grove Centre for creative courses, with the studios named in recognition of TAL Apparel chairman Richard Lee's support to young fashion designers and his achievements in the industry.
Through his relationship with the university, Lee has championed and supported a number of education projects and initiatives, including sponsoring a student from Hong Kong to study at Middlesex University each year.
"We are immensely proud to be connected with a group as important as TAL," said Middlesex University director of fashion courses Gillian Charles.
"They have huge interests with fashion and textiles which is a really strong area at Middlesex so it's very exciting for us to have the connection and to benefit from their support and generosity. In a global fashion world it's highly relevant to the thrust of fashion at Middlesex and great for our students."
Clothing and footwear firms including Nike, Marks & Spencer, Levi Strauss and Walmart are among those backing a new tool designed to measure sustainability and environmental impact across the industry...
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Esquel CEO says automation core to competitiveness
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- VF Corp and Kohl's join White House climate pledge
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Adidas develops high-tech swimwear range
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory