UK: Mild Weather Hits Blacks Leisure's Sales
Outdoor clothing and footwear retailer Blacks Leisure Group Plc on Friday posted a 44 per cent rise in first half pre-tax profit but said recent sales were slow due to unseasonal warmer weather. The company posted a pre-tax profit before goodwill amortisation for the six months ended August 31 of £5.6 million from £3.9m last year, as sales rose 15 per cent to £117.9m from £103.5m in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth