USA: Military Boot Maker Doubles Production Rate
Military boot maker Wellco Enterprises Inc today revealed it has received orders from the US government for 122,000 pairs of boots since the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington.
The company has almost doubled its production rate with shipments from these orders for the fiscal quarter ending December 29, 2001 (the second quarter of Wellco's fiscal year 2002) expected to be 74,000 pairs.
In the second quarter of the 2001 fiscal year, Wellco had net income of $335,000 and shipped 58,000 pairs to the Defense Department.
The firm added that it believes the Defense Department's need for boots beyond mid-February, 2002 could result in a continuation of the higher production rate.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Specialist boots company Wellco Enterprises appointed Lee Ferguson as president, chief executive officer and member of the company's board of directors as of today (20 March)....
Military shoe maker Wellco said David Lutz, its chief executive, chairman, president and chief operating officer, has left the positions....
Wellco Enterprises has seen a fall in sales and earnings for its second quarter having been hit by problems with one of its suppliers....
Military boot maker Wellco said it is one of two contract awardees for the development of the US Army Modular Boot System....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020