USA: Millennium Motorsports Launches Women's Apparel Line
Millennium Motorsports has created a clothing line for the female NASCAR enthusiast, it was announced today by company president Angelo S. Rotella. MMS is the first company to create apparel primarily for female NASCAR fans, which constitutes nearly 50 per cent of the sport's fan base. By streamlining the product range and reducing complexity, MMS will aim to capture a market that has been overlooked by other apparel retailers. According to a recent edition of BusinessWeek, women's products are among the fastest growing apparel categories, as the whole US market for women's sports apparel grew 6.8 per cent last year to $15.7bn, compared with only 2.6 per cent growth in sales of men's apparel, to $15.6bn.Millennium Racegear spokesperson, Kristina McGee, said: "Women's sports like the WNBA and soccer have seen enormous growth over the past few years, which is why it came as no surprise to find out that 49 per cent of NASCAR fans are female. Created for a woman, by a woman, our products were designed to fit a woman's busy lifestyle. With Millennium Racegear, women have the versatility to look great at the track, store or the gym."In an effort to build different tiers into the business, MMS has already begun talks with major retailers that are selling through their brick and mortar outlets. The clothing will also be available through their internet site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022