USA: Miller Freeman Appoints Apparel Group Vice President
Miller Freeman, Inc announced today the promotion of Rick McConnell to the position of vice president of its apparel group. McConnell's new position is effective immediately.McConnell, a Texas native, will be returning to his hometown of Dallas after eight years in Chicago and Los Angeles. He has 15 years of experience in apparel and trade shows, including two years with Miller Freeman, Inc as group show director of the ASD/AMD events in the company's Merchandise Group."Rick brings a great blend of smarts, people skills and knowledge of the apparel business from his experience at MAGIC and his previous positions at apparel marts in Chicago and Dallas," said Darrell Denny, executive vice president/group president of Miller Freeman, Inc.McConnell will join Jackie James, group show director of the ISS and Bobbin events, Laurie Gonz, publisher of Impressions and EMB and Susan Black, publisher of Bobbin and La Bobina magazines. Together, this team will comprise the senior leadership of MFI properties within the apparel group."I am looking forward to working with the Dallas team and hope to build on the great foundations put in place by the staff," McConnell said. "My philosophy centers around creating an environment that promotes open communication and the generation of new ideas. I know we have challenges ahead, but I am excited about the opportunities."The apparel group includes The Imprinted Sportswear Shows, Bobbin trade shows and extensive educational programs at all events; the sponsoring publications of Impressions, EMB, Bobbin and La Bobina; as well as the Embroidery Trade Association (ETA). These events and publications serve the sewn products and value-added embellishment aspects of the apparel industry, as well as all sewn products that can be embroidered, screen printed, and enhanced with heat transfer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report