US: Milliken boosts flame-resistant fabrics with Westex buy
High performance materials maker Milliken & Company is boosting its portfolio of flame-resistant fabrics for protective clothing with the acquisition of Westex Inc.
Milliken says the deal positions it at the forefront of the flame-resistant (FR) fabric industry, with the combined resources of the two companies providing "the most innovative fabrics for the millions of global industrial workers who need protection from arc flash, flash fire, and other thermal hazards."
"As we look to the future, we are committed to changing the experience for industrial workers with FR innovations that further improve comfort and productivity," explains Jeff Price, president, specialty fabrics division, Milliken & Company.
While Mike Enright, vice president of sales and marketing at Westex, added: "By combining our collective R&D talent, deep customer knowledge, and market access, we will strengthen our capabilities and offer workers the highest levels of FR protection and comfort."
Established in 1919, Westex has launched several successful brands over the years including UltraSoft, UltraSoft AC, Indura, TrueComfort, Moda-Quilt and Vinex, which are specified by many end-users in the utilities, electrical maintenance, oil and gas and metals industries.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts