JAPAN: Mitsui In Sports Fabric JV In China
Japanese textile manufacturer Mitsui & Co on Thursday said it plans to set up a joint venture in China to make high-performance textiles for sportswear at up to 20 per cent less than they would cost to produce in Japan. Mitsui said it expects sales of $1.2 million in the JV's first year of operations and $16m in the second, with the $7m project also involving a clothing maker from Shanghai and Osaka-based Tokunaga Trading Co.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack