UK: Mixed Clothing Sales Push Down Dec Retail Growth
Mixed clothing sales in December 2004 contributed towards the lowest UK retail sales growth since spring 2003 according to the British Retail Consortium.
Like-for-like sales in December dropped 0.4 per cent on a year-on-year basis, compared with the 0.2 per cent decrease in November.
The fall in sales during what was the worst December in the last decade was the biggest since March 2003, the BRC reported.
Total sales, however, increased 2.5 per cent from last year compared to 2.4 per cent in November.
Retailers will be forced to absorb the cost of supporting Italian shoemakers if EU duties on Chinese shoes go ahead, British Retail Consortium director Alisdair Gray said....
The British Retail Consortium has lashed out against the EU's decision to refuse market-economy status to China's footwear makers, claiming it is the first step to unnecessary anti-dumping duties....
UK retail sales showed an improved like-for-like gain during December, but clothing sales took a downturn, according to the latest report from the British Retail Consortium....
UK retailers have enjoyed their first same-store sales growth since March, with colder weather driving up clothing and footwear sales, according to a report by the British Retail Consortium....
Chancellor Gordon Brown has revealed a plan to slash red tape for UK businesses to allow greater flexibility, in a move that may help alleviate fears over stifling EU bureaucracy....
British Retail Consortium director general Dr Kevin Hawkins has lashed out at comments on shoplifting made by Lord Justice Rose in the Court of Appeal....
Same-store high-street sales have fallen for the seventh month in a row as unseasonably warm weather hurt demand for winter clothing and footwear....
UK retailers could be losing millions of pounds off the bottom line due to poor communications between head office and the front line, according to an industry report from Retail Performance Specialis...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"