TAIWAN: Mixed Results For Sports Shoe Firms
Sports shoe giants Pou Chen Corp and Feng Tay Enterprises Co Ltd, who produce athletic shoes for some of the world's biggest sports firms, on Monday posted sharply contrasting results for the first five months of the year. Pou Chen saw its revenue fall one per cent in the January-May period to NT$4.3 billion versus the year-ago period, while Feng Tay, which supplies Nike, enjoyed a 21.1 per cent climb in revenue to NT$3.8bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores