US: Mobile app helps enhance sample review process
A new mobile app designed to enhance the sample review process has been introduced by Centric Software.
The 'Sample Review Mobile App' enables users to quickly view and edit sample and style data on any iOS-enabled mobile device - thereby producing "better communication with suppliers, faster, more accurate sample development, and a more rapid product development schedule," according to Centric president and CEO Chris Groves.
It also extends the company's product lifecycle management (PLM) system, offering instant updates to information the designer needs to review the sample. Feedback and comments can be passed along the supply chain, helping to speed items to the next step in the product development process, or alerting suppliers to requested changes.
Groves adds that the tool "helps take the PLM system beyond the traditional boundaries of the office, and to the locations where inspiration, product innovation and product development often happen."
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
The challenges of working out whether textiles are sourced, produced or manufactured ethically are magnified by the plethora of eco-labelling schemes that apply to the industry....
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- China and India sign MoU to explore textile ties
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report