US: Mobile app helps enhance sample review process
A new mobile app designed to enhance the sample review process has been introduced by Centric Software.
The 'Sample Review Mobile App' enables users to quickly view and edit sample and style data on any iOS-enabled mobile device - thereby producing "better communication with suppliers, faster, more accurate sample development, and a more rapid product development schedule," according to Centric president and CEO Chris Groves.
It also extends the company's product lifecycle management (PLM) system, offering instant updates to information the designer needs to review the sample. Feedback and comments can be passed along the supply chain, helping to speed items to the next step in the product development process, or alerting suppliers to requested changes.
Groves adds that the tool "helps take the PLM system beyond the traditional boundaries of the office, and to the locations where inspiration, product innovation and product development often happen."
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
The challenges of working out whether textiles are sourced, produced or manufactured ethically are magnified by the plethora of eco-labelling schemes that apply to the industry....
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead