US: Mobile app helps enhance sample review process
A new mobile app designed to enhance the sample review process has been introduced by Centric Software.
The 'Sample Review Mobile App' enables users to quickly view and edit sample and style data on any iOS-enabled mobile device - thereby producing "better communication with suppliers, faster, more accurate sample development, and a more rapid product development schedule," according to Centric president and CEO Chris Groves.
It also extends the company's product lifecycle management (PLM) system, offering instant updates to information the designer needs to review the sample. Feedback and comments can be passed along the supply chain, helping to speed items to the next step in the product development process, or alerting suppliers to requested changes.
Groves adds that the tool "helps take the PLM system beyond the traditional boundaries of the office, and to the locations where inspiration, product innovation and product development often happen."
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
The challenges of working out whether textiles are sourced, produced or manufactured ethically are magnified by the plethora of eco-labelling schemes that apply to the industry....
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies