US: Mobile app helps enhance sample review process
A new mobile app designed to enhance the sample review process has been introduced by Centric Software.
The 'Sample Review Mobile App' enables users to quickly view and edit sample and style data on any iOS-enabled mobile device - thereby producing "better communication with suppliers, faster, more accurate sample development, and a more rapid product development schedule," according to Centric president and CEO Chris Groves.
It also extends the company's product lifecycle management (PLM) system, offering instant updates to information the designer needs to review the sample. Feedback and comments can be passed along the supply chain, helping to speed items to the next step in the product development process, or alerting suppliers to requested changes.
Groves adds that the tool "helps take the PLM system beyond the traditional boundaries of the office, and to the locations where inspiration, product innovation and product development often happen."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
The challenges of working out whether textiles are sourced, produced or manufactured ethically are magnified by the plethora of eco-labelling schemes that apply to the industry....
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024