US: Mobile app helps enhance sample review process
A new mobile app designed to enhance the sample review process has been introduced by Centric Software.
The 'Sample Review Mobile App' enables users to quickly view and edit sample and style data on any iOS-enabled mobile device - thereby producing "better communication with suppliers, faster, more accurate sample development, and a more rapid product development schedule," according to Centric president and CEO Chris Groves.
It also extends the company's product lifecycle management (PLM) system, offering instant updates to information the designer needs to review the sample. Feedback and comments can be passed along the supply chain, helping to speed items to the next step in the product development process, or alerting suppliers to requested changes.
Groves adds that the tool "helps take the PLM system beyond the traditional boundaries of the office, and to the locations where inspiration, product innovation and product development often happen."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
The challenges of working out whether textiles are sourced, produced or manufactured ethically are magnified by the plethora of eco-labelling schemes that apply to the industry....
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory