USA: Mohawk Industries, Inc. Announces Senior Appointment
Mohawk Industries, Inc. (NYSE: MHK) today announced the appointment of Monte Thornton to the position of President-Commercial Business effective May 1, 2000. Prior to his appointment, Mr. Thornton was President-Karastan Business. He will also continue in this capacity.Monte joined Karastan in 1990 and became part of Mohawk Industries, Inc. in 1993 as part of the acquisition of Karastan from Fieldcrest. He has extensive experience in the carpet industry, which will provide a smooth transition in leadership.Frank Procopio, President-Commercial Business announced his retirement effective May 31, 2000 after 19 years of service to the company. Mr. Procopio was a member of the management team that lead the leveraged buyout of Mohawk Carpet from Mohasco Corporation in 1988 and the subsequent Initial Public Offering of Mohawk Industries, Inc. in 1992. During his successful work with the company as President-Commercial Business, Frank directed the integration of the Harbinger, Karastan, Bigelow, World and Durkan product lines into the Mohawk Commercial Business.Commenting on these changes, Jeffrey Lorberbaum, President and Chief Operating Officer of Mohawk, stated "I am personally pleased that Monte has accepted these expanded responsibilities with the Company. He has contributed significantly to the Company with the success of Karastan. I am confident Monte will add value to the Commercial Business. Frank will be involved during May to assist Monte in an orderly transition. With Frank's high energy level, we know he will be very active in pursuing other interests. We will miss Frank and wish him well in retirement."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts