USA: Mohawk Industries, Inc. Announces Senior Appointment
Mohawk Industries, Inc. (NYSE: MHK) today announced the appointment of Monte Thornton to the position of President-Commercial Business effective May 1, 2000. Prior to his appointment, Mr. Thornton was President-Karastan Business. He will also continue in this capacity.Monte joined Karastan in 1990 and became part of Mohawk Industries, Inc. in 1993 as part of the acquisition of Karastan from Fieldcrest. He has extensive experience in the carpet industry, which will provide a smooth transition in leadership.Frank Procopio, President-Commercial Business announced his retirement effective May 31, 2000 after 19 years of service to the company. Mr. Procopio was a member of the management team that lead the leveraged buyout of Mohawk Carpet from Mohasco Corporation in 1988 and the subsequent Initial Public Offering of Mohawk Industries, Inc. in 1992. During his successful work with the company as President-Commercial Business, Frank directed the integration of the Harbinger, Karastan, Bigelow, World and Durkan product lines into the Mohawk Commercial Business.Commenting on these changes, Jeffrey Lorberbaum, President and Chief Operating Officer of Mohawk, stated "I am personally pleased that Monte has accepted these expanded responsibilities with the Company. He has contributed significantly to the Company with the success of Karastan. I am confident Monte will add value to the Commercial Business. Frank will be involved during May to assist Monte in an orderly transition. With Frank's high energy level, we know he will be very active in pursuing other interests. We will miss Frank and wish him well in retirement."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020