USA: Mohawk Industries, Inc. Announces Senior Appointment
Mohawk Industries, Inc. (NYSE: MHK) today announced the appointment of Monte Thornton to the position of President-Commercial Business effective May 1, 2000. Prior to his appointment, Mr. Thornton was President-Karastan Business. He will also continue in this capacity.Monte joined Karastan in 1990 and became part of Mohawk Industries, Inc. in 1993 as part of the acquisition of Karastan from Fieldcrest. He has extensive experience in the carpet industry, which will provide a smooth transition in leadership.Frank Procopio, President-Commercial Business announced his retirement effective May 31, 2000 after 19 years of service to the company. Mr. Procopio was a member of the management team that lead the leveraged buyout of Mohawk Carpet from Mohasco Corporation in 1988 and the subsequent Initial Public Offering of Mohawk Industries, Inc. in 1992. During his successful work with the company as President-Commercial Business, Frank directed the integration of the Harbinger, Karastan, Bigelow, World and Durkan product lines into the Mohawk Commercial Business.Commenting on these changes, Jeffrey Lorberbaum, President and Chief Operating Officer of Mohawk, stated "I am personally pleased that Monte has accepted these expanded responsibilities with the Company. He has contributed significantly to the Company with the success of Karastan. I am confident Monte will add value to the Commercial Business. Frank will be involved during May to assist Monte in an orderly transition. With Frank's high energy level, we know he will be very active in pursuing other interests. We will miss Frank and wish him well in retirement."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack