UK: Momentis software appoints UK managing director
Dominic Potter, a former director of Prologic, is to head up the UK operations of fashion software specialist Momentis as it prepares to drive growth among self-sourcing apparel retailers and wholesalers.
Momentis is already working with a number of major retail brands in the UK including Oasis, Coast, Karen Millen, EWM, George at Asda and Lipsy.
"I believe there are some great opportunities to improve business performance and profitability in the UK fashion and apparel software sector," Potter says.
The software solution helps streamline sourcing processes and improve supply chain management, thereby bringing products to market more quickly. Retailers can track both goods and associated costs from pre-production to distribution, with visibility of problems at any stage in the supply chain.
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Momentis opened its London office this year.
The UK-based George at Asda clothing brand remains committed to sourcing in Bangladesh, even though at least 112 workers were killed in a factory fire last year while illegally subcontracted to produc...
Wal-Mart has revealed that its efforts to turn around its apparel business is starting to gain traction after reporting its first full-year of positive comparable apparel sales in the US in seven year...
UK retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed former George at Asda and Marks & Spencer executive Kevin Rusling as its international director. ...
Sales growth at UK clothing retailers during February was at its highest level since October 2010 according to figures released today by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI). ...
- Gap's Myanmar move highlights country's potential
- Vietnam soars as US apparel imports decline in May
- M&S Q1 trading update: What the analysts say
- SOURCING: Compliance still a concern in Cambodia
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Inditex renews agreement to track the supply chain
- Li & Fung completes Global Brands spin-off
- Costs push Levi Strauss Q2 earnings down
- Textile terms and definitions goes digital
- M&S needs to "break the mould" after GM sales fall
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel and Footwear Retailing in the Digital Era (Part 1): Exploring Innovation
- Prospects for the textile and clothing industry in China