ITALY: Moncler records 12% FY earnings growth
- FY earnings up 12%
- Adjusted EBITDA grows 19%
- Consolidate sales climb 19%
Moncler said growth was significant in all geographic areas
Luxury apparel group Moncler has reported full-year earnings growth that beat analyst expectations, boosted by strong growth in the Americas.
In the three months to the end of December, earnings climbed 12% to EUR92.1m (US$125.7m). Adjusted EBITDA rose 19% to EUR192m. Bloomberg analysts had predicted EUR187m.
Consolidated revenues grew 19% to EUR580.6m from EUR489.2m in the prior year period. Moncler said growth was significant in all geographic areas and across all distribution channels.
The company, which listed on the Italian Stock Exchange at the end of last year, recorded double-digit growth in all its international markets, with the Americas recording the highest growth of 44%.
CEO Remo Ruffini, said: "2013 will always be remembered as a significant year in Moncler's history. It was the year that marked not only the tenth anniversary of the brand's re-launch and the successful conclusion of the listing process, but it was also another year of double-digit growth."
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam