ITALY: Moncler records 12% FY earnings growth
- FY earnings up 12%
- Adjusted EBITDA grows 19%
- Consolidate sales climb 19%
Moncler said growth was significant in all geographic areas
Luxury apparel group Moncler has reported full-year earnings growth that beat analyst expectations, boosted by strong growth in the Americas.
In the three months to the end of December, earnings climbed 12% to EUR92.1m (US$125.7m). Adjusted EBITDA rose 19% to EUR192m. Bloomberg analysts had predicted EUR187m.
Consolidated revenues grew 19% to EUR580.6m from EUR489.2m in the prior year period. Moncler said growth was significant in all geographic areas and across all distribution channels.
The company, which listed on the Italian Stock Exchange at the end of last year, recorded double-digit growth in all its international markets, with the Americas recording the highest growth of 44%.
CEO Remo Ruffini, said: "2013 will always be remembered as a significant year in Moncler's history. It was the year that marked not only the tenth anniversary of the brand's re-launch and the successful conclusion of the listing process, but it was also another year of double-digit growth."
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- Clothing and cotton still on child labour list
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields