ITALY: Moncler records 12% FY earnings growth
- FY earnings up 12%
- Adjusted EBITDA grows 19%
- Consolidate sales climb 19%
Moncler said growth was significant in all geographic areas
Luxury apparel group Moncler has reported full-year earnings growth that beat analyst expectations, boosted by strong growth in the Americas.
In the three months to the end of December, earnings climbed 12% to EUR92.1m (US$125.7m). Adjusted EBITDA rose 19% to EUR192m. Bloomberg analysts had predicted EUR187m.
Consolidated revenues grew 19% to EUR580.6m from EUR489.2m in the prior year period. Moncler said growth was significant in all geographic areas and across all distribution channels.
The company, which listed on the Italian Stock Exchange at the end of last year, recorded double-digit growth in all its international markets, with the Americas recording the highest growth of 44%.
CEO Remo Ruffini, said: "2013 will always be remembered as a significant year in Moncler's history. It was the year that marked not only the tenth anniversary of the brand's re-launch and the successful conclusion of the listing process, but it was also another year of double-digit growth."
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis