ITALY: Moncler records 12% FY earnings growth
- FY earnings up 12%
- Adjusted EBITDA grows 19%
- Consolidate sales climb 19%
Moncler said growth was significant in all geographic areas
Luxury apparel group Moncler has reported full-year earnings growth that beat analyst expectations, boosted by strong growth in the Americas.
In the three months to the end of December, earnings climbed 12% to EUR92.1m (US$125.7m). Adjusted EBITDA rose 19% to EUR192m. Bloomberg analysts had predicted EUR187m.
Consolidated revenues grew 19% to EUR580.6m from EUR489.2m in the prior year period. Moncler said growth was significant in all geographic areas and across all distribution channels.
The company, which listed on the Italian Stock Exchange at the end of last year, recorded double-digit growth in all its international markets, with the Americas recording the highest growth of 44%.
CEO Remo Ruffini, said: "2013 will always be remembered as a significant year in Moncler's history. It was the year that marked not only the tenth anniversary of the brand's re-launch and the successful conclusion of the listing process, but it was also another year of double-digit growth."
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020