MEXICO: Monitoring Firm Checks Out Nike And Reebok Supplier
A five-person team from the independent monitoring organisation Verite has begun its five-day monitoring assignment at the Kukdong apparel factory in Mexico where a dispute between two unions last month led to a work stoppage and an examination of the factory's workplace practices. Verite, an Amherst, Mass-based non-profit labour and trade monitoring group, announced Monday that the team began conducting its monitoring project, Monday, February 5 and will continue through Friday, February 9. The team is working in concert with rotating observers whose role is to provide information to management, unions and buyers to assist the process for workers returning to resume their livelihoods. The observers possess a range of experience, including work with the United Nations and the International Red Cross.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020