USA: Monsanto Forms New Biotech Cotton Unit
The unit, called Cotton States, will develop and license genes from various cotton genetic providers for use by seed companies and distributors. It also plans to introduce new products, including Roundup Ready Flex cotton, alongside Monsanto's existing biotech cottons such as Bollgard, Roundup Ready cotton and Bollgard II insect-protected cotton.
Mark Edge, who will lead the unit at St Louis-based Monsanto, said in a statement. "Cotton States will enhance Monsanto's ability to successfully introduce new cutting-edge technologies into leading germplasm and that means the latest technological advances in cotton will be made available to seed companies."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective