UK: Monsoon Accessorize returns to profit
- Full-year pre-tax profit of GBP18.1m
- Group turnover up 4.3% to GBP551.9m
- Helped by improved product ranges
UK apparel and accessories retailer Monsoon Accessorize has returned to profit, driven by improved product ranges and reduced levels of discounting.
The privately-owned company saw pre-tax profit reach GBP18.1m (US$29.7m) for the year to 31 August, compared to a loss of GBP2.4m in the same period of the prior year.
Underlying group turnover, meanwhile, grew 4.3% year-on-year to GBP551.9m.
In the UK and the Republic of Ireland, sales edged up 0.4% to GBP468.4m, while international sales jumped 33.4% to GBP83.5m. During the year, the company closed 35 stores taking its total to 1,437.
Founder Peter Simon said: "This is a good set of results demonstrating a year-on-year recovery. The appointment of John Browett as CEO and the recovery in performance of the group's brands provide a good platform for the business to move on to the next stage in its development.
The company, Simon added, has identified a number of initiatives to build on the group's strengths and support growing demand for its products.
"While we strive for further improvement I am determined that the main focus will remain as always on both product and the customer. Being debt free we have the resources to invest in developing the business."
Plimsoll Publishing’s CLOTHING RETAILERS (Italy) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CLOTHING RETAILERS (Italy) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 620 companie...
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Clothing and cotton still on child labour list
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields