UK: Monsoon appoints supplier chairman to its board
Fashion retailer Monsoon has appointed the chairman of one of its suppliers as an independent non-executive director of the company.
Vinod Dhawan is chairman of VK International, one of Monsoon's clothing suppliers, but Monsoon says it considers him to be independent as VK represents just 0.8% of Monsoon's total supplies and Monsoon represents just 5.6% of VK's total sales.
Dhawan is also vice chairman of India's Apparel Export Promotion Council which - among its other functions - oversees the ethical trading practices of garment manufacturers in the country.
Monsoon chairman Peter Simon said: "Vinod's company is a supplier to many international retail groups and he brings to us a broad perspective of the global fashion industry.
"Monsoon is an increasingly international business with a presence in 39 countries, and Vinod will bring an additional level of insight and experience into boardroom discussions."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective