UK: Monsoon Enjoys H1 Profit Jump, Xmas Sales Up
Leading women's and children's fashion chain Monsoon on Monday reported a 14 per cent year-on-year jump in first half profits thanks to strong sales but said is sees tougher trading conditions in the second half. The operator of about 280 Monsoon and Accessorize stores said its pre-tax profit for the six months to November 23 rose to £18.5 million. Its operating profit climbed 13 per cent year-on-year to £18m and sales rose eight per cent year-on-year to £107.7m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022