UK: Monsoon Enjoys Strong Same-Store Sales
Fashion chain Monsoon Plc on Tuesday said its summer trading was in line with expectations and revealed a three per cent climb in same-store sales for the five weeks to September 28.
The operator of around 250 Monsoon and Accessorize stores said total sales for the five week period were up 12 per cent, with total sales for the 18 weeks to September 28 up 10 per cent, but same-store sales down one per cent.
In July, the retailer reported a 32 per cent jump in full-year pre-tax profits to £32.1 million from £24.3m in the year-ago period thanks to soaring sales and new store openings.
Commenting on the latest figures, chairman Peter Simon stated: "Sales of autumn merchandise at full margin increased and this resulted in an improved margin being achieved.
"Performance is in line with our expectations at the time of our results in July and we remain confident."
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020