UK: Monsoon Enjoys Strong Same-Store Sales
Fashion chain Monsoon Plc on Tuesday said its summer trading was in line with expectations and revealed a three per cent climb in same-store sales for the five weeks to September 28.
The operator of around 250 Monsoon and Accessorize stores said total sales for the five week period were up 12 per cent, with total sales for the 18 weeks to September 28 up 10 per cent, but same-store sales down one per cent.
In July, the retailer reported a 32 per cent jump in full-year pre-tax profits to £32.1 million from £24.3m in the year-ago period thanks to soaring sales and new store openings.
Commenting on the latest figures, chairman Peter Simon stated: "Sales of autumn merchandise at full margin increased and this resulted in an improved margin being achieved.
"Performance is in line with our expectations at the time of our results in July and we remain confident."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack