UK: Monsoon Posts Record £32.1m Profits On Soaring Sales
Fashion chain Monsoon on Monday posted a 32 per cent jump in full-year pre-tax profits to £32.1 million from £24.3 million in the year-ago period thanks to soaring sales and new store openings. The operator of 256 Monsoon and Accessorize stores in the UK and Ireland said sales climbed 18 per cent to £203.6m and same-store sales surged 12 per cent. Net profit soared to £22.6m from £16.2m in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores