INDIA: Monte Carlo's Thermals Warm Up Market
Monte Carlo, the flagship brand from Oswal Woollen Mills Ltd, has launched a line of thermal wear. The thermals are a combination of superior and light Egyptian cottons and fine micropolyesters. The different blends allow for a range of thicknesses and degrees of protection. The range comes in different weaves - ribbed, knitted, double or single weave and enriched with lycra.Traditionally associated with woollens, Monte Carlo has also extended its product to cater to pre-winter and summer seasons. About 500 retails outlets in India offer Monte Carlo casuals, Sportz, and cottons. Oswal Woollen Mills is the flagship company of Nahar Group and has a turnover of Rs 1,800 crore.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022