INDIA: Monte Carlo's Thermals Warm Up Market
Monte Carlo, the flagship brand from Oswal Woollen Mills Ltd, has launched a line of thermal wear. The thermals are a combination of superior and light Egyptian cottons and fine micropolyesters. The different blends allow for a range of thicknesses and degrees of protection. The range comes in different weaves - ribbed, knitted, double or single weave and enriched with lycra.Traditionally associated with woollens, Monte Carlo has also extended its product to cater to pre-winter and summer seasons. About 500 retails outlets in India offer Monte Carlo casuals, Sportz, and cottons. Oswal Woollen Mills is the flagship company of Nahar Group and has a turnover of Rs 1,800 crore.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar